Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's a GIRL!! A couple of reasons I knew it was a girl:)


YAY!!!! Oh my gosh, yesterday was one of the most emotional, crazy days ever!

Our appointment wasn't until 3 o'clock, so all morning I was literally going crazy! I went to yoga in the morning, then we went to lunch, then I went and bought blue and pink shirts for us so I could make shirts once we found out, and then I cleaned our little apartment over and over again. If I stopped for one second, I would go crazy thinking of what we were having and of all the possibilities of what our future would look like.

Then, 3 o'clock slowly came. The hardest part of the entire day was sitting in the waiting room, just waiting and waiting. First I was about to explode! They had me drink 32 oz. of water and with a baby on the other side of your bladder, I literally was bursting at the seems:) Also my heart was beating out of my chest. Zack could feel how hard it was beating and I could not get it to calm down. It was the worst. It was like waiting and waiting to meet someone you've loved and wanted to meet forever. But deep down knowing you're meeting them not for the first time, but reuniting with them.

Then when the ultrasound technician said, "Ok I think it's a girl?" I just knew instantly, YES, that's our little girl.

Then as she took more pictures of our baby, she became more sure. It was just confirming something that we both already knew.


Here are a couple of reasons why we knew it was a girl:

1. Long before we were even pregnant, one day while watching a movie with Matt, he turned to us and just started crying. We asked him what was wrong, and he said, "I'm just so happy." Then we asked why? And he said, "Because I know you guys are going to have a girl, and that I am going to be an uncle again!" We kind of laughed it off and said, "Yes, someday we'll have a girl." But he was so sure and basically just told us, you'll see:)

2. When I was about 8 weeks pregnant, I flew to Utah and this nice, older man sat next to me. We started talking and I had to warn him that I was pregnant just in case I had to use that white, little doggy bag that was in the seat pocket in front of me:) Haha anyways we just chatted a bit, then at the end of the flight we were saying bye and he said, "You're going to have a girl, you'll see." And again I just laughed it off and said, "Ya we'll find out soon enough."

3. As I got farther along, most of my family as you could tell from our poll, thought I was having a boy. But all along, Matt was totally convinced it was a girl. He would even get a little agitated if we even talked about it being a boy, he just wouldn't even hear it. He would ask me, "Afton, don't you trust me?" haha and I would say, "Yes but the Dr. will tell us for sure." But our favorite quote that he said one night was, "I'm not 100% sure its a boy, but I'm 200% sure it might be a girl!" We wrote it down and stuck it on our fridge:)

4. She already loves chocolate, haha and I'm not joking. The thing that gets her kicking and squirming a ton is when I eat chocolate, more specifically a symphony bar! That's what I ate as we were sitting in the waiting room, to make sure she was awake and moving around so we could find out what she was. She's definitely my daughter, she already loves CHOCOLATE:)

5. Then lastly and most importantly, when she let us know she was a girl. It was our favorite moment thus far. So, the night before we were scheduled to find out, as we were laying in bed, Zack was doing his nightly routine of talking and singing to our baby. Then I told him to ask our baby what it was. So he put his hand on my belly and he asked the question. He asked, "Are you a boy?" then he waited a sec, then asked, "Are you a girl?" and as soon as he said "girl" our baby kicked the hardest that Zack and I had EVER felt. It really seemed like a movie, like it was so crazy. His hand was pushed off of my belly! She definitely answered our question. We both looked at each other and could not believe that that really had just happened. We were amazed and then really could not wait to find out if it was a girl:) And it was!

Ultimately, everyone would always ask me what I thought our baby was. I never wanted to answer, because I didn't want the baby to ever think I didn't want it. If it was a boy and I said I wanted a girl, I would feel bad, and vica versa. BUT... deep down secretly, I didn't even say it to Zack, I knew it was a girl. It's a weird feeling and I can't adequately express it, but I just knew.

Here's her proud daddy, showing her off at work!

I love her sooo much already and we really can't wait to meet her:)

3 comments:

Jessie Ann said...

Afton! this is the best news ever! I am so excited for you guys and she will be BEAUTIFUL!! I really cannot wait to meet her! Congrats to you and Zach! such a neat story so thank you for sharing!

Jessie Ann

jessieannjames.com

michelle said...

You look so darling aftie!! I am beyond excited for you two! You are going to make such an amazing mother to your beautiful daughter!!!

Leisa said...

I can't believe how much I love her already! Every time I say my prayers I feel of the blessing that she already is to our family. How lucky are we??!! I love this post...I knew it was a girl also. I really did...but didn't dare say anything for fear that I could possibly be wrong. I would have been just as happy with a boy, but now that we are sure it is a girl...well, let's just say I will be buying some of the darling little girl things that have taunted me for 32 years!! ;)

Love always, Mom