Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A little bit of Yoga:)

Yay, I finally get to do yoga again! So, when we went in for our ultrasound to find out what we were having, they noticed that my placenta was really low. My dr. told me that I had to take it easy and that I couldn't exercise or do yoga for a at least a month. I was so sad, but did my best to adhere to my dr.'s orders. But then at our last ultrasound we just had, they looked at my placenta and had good news for us...It had moved! It is in the right place now and my dr. said that I could go back to practicing yoga again:) 

So of course the very next day I was back in yoga. One thing my yoga instructor is always saying to us is that we need to love and appreciate our bodies. I have been thinking a lot about this. How amazing are our bodies? Everyday we put our bodies through so many demands and struggles and we are constantly comparing and criticizing ourselves. My instructor also says a statement that is kind of hard to swallow at first, but the more you think about it, the more profound it is. She says, "we need to be in awe of our bodies." Although I can't say I have that confidence all the time, I can honestly say that I have been in "awe" of my body lately. Again not only does it go through all of the things on a daily basis that I am putting it through, but it is the place where my baby is safe, supported and sustained. It provides nourishment for her and is constantly adapting to her growing body. There are miracles happening inside of me everyday and I feel so privileged to be able to help aid in this creation of life. I am grateful for my body and hope that I can teach my daughter the importance of loving your body and having confidence in what her Heavenly Father blessed her with. 

My yoga instructor asked if she could take a couple of pictures of me for the studios facebook page, so here are some of them. Ok they're not perfect and... wait wait wait, I am grateful for my body:) Here is some yoga at 26 weeks:)



5 comments:

Bryan said...

Aftie! Hey I didn't know you had this! Congratulations on the baby girl inside. I love you!

jazmine said...

I could not hold those poses even if I was not pregnant! You look great!

Leisa said...

you are so beautiful!! I love you sooo much!! :)

Rachael said...

You look so amazing!

Katie said...

Hey... you should bring some yoga/dance clothes for your maternity shoot and at the very end we can get some really cool "early morning, out in nature, soul searching" yoga shots with your big belly =)